Sunday, September 04, 2005

 

The SOBER Light of Day

In case it wasn't obvious, I was drunk and thoroughly pissed off last night when I wrote the previous post. I'm worried that I'm kind of being a prick to the guy I went on the date with. I described his (minor) foibles and published his e-mail to me. On the other hand, I meticulously preserved his anonymity, and his e-mail was polite and gentle, letting me down with a soft touch. Frankly, I think he looks like the good guy, and I come across as the bitchy, bitter old queen. (Frightfully close to the truth, I'm afraid.)

I'm also worried about being so critical of my friend. I don't have enough friends to being squandering the ones I do have. He and his wife have been so kind to me, and I love them very much. Hopefully, he'll forgive me, and I do serve a small purpose in his life. I'm the paragon of "there go I but for the grace of God."

I got up this morning and managed to drag my sorry ass to Church, because I wanted to pray for all of those poor people devasted by Hurricane Katrina. I ducked out a little early 'cuz Father "Chatty Cathy" kept rambling on during his sermon. (One thing Catholics are fanatical about is that Church should not last over an hour.) I had to get over to my part-time job to start the shift I volunteered for yesterday. I got on the computer (it's a slow-paced job) to write this "morning after" entry and was tickled to discover an e-mail from a woman (Stephanie) in Japan who read my blog and wanted to set me up with someone she knows. I honestly can't imagine someone reading through all of my Eyoresque entries with all of their emotional baggage and saying to themselves, "Hmmm...I gotta get some of that for my friend!" I mean, what did that poor bastard ever do to her? In fact, I've often wondered how long I should date a guy before I let him read this blog. Perhaps it's the kind of thing I should save for my first wedding anniversary after I'm non-returnable.

On a more serious note, Stephanie sent me a link to a
blog set up by her mother in which she has contributed. Her brother is battling esophageal cancer. Please check it out and read about his fight, particularly if you can in any way contribute to his insanely expensive treatment. Personally, I am going to see if I can send him some audio books since he is having difficulty with his vision.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?